The validation search results and stats download now include the actual processing version used to produce the extracts.
We've finally replaced the gaudy, Google Maps pins with a slightly less gaudy circle! The 'Download 'All' button in the bio-optical search results has also been moved above the results table (plotting/mapping buttons are still located at the bottom).
The bio-optical search has been given a new search option to find only multi- or hyper-spectral files. Or both, like it used to.
A map has been added to the Recent Data to (roughly) show areas with newly archived data. You can check it out here. Happy hunting!
New functionality was added to all search engines allowing you to narrow down results by when they were archived in our system. All previously generated permalinks are now invalid.
We've also added a disclaimer to the pigment search engine. You can read more details on the search page, but briefly, there are certain limitations on those search results that will exist until the database is upgraded in the future. Complete pigment data can always be found by using the bio-optical search engine option.
There is now a list of all primary investigators that displays all the cruises the PI was the point of contact for, as well as allowing a quick, one-push method of searching for all their data. It's finally possible to create more than one zip file in a bio-optical search. Alright, the "bad" news: Internet Explorer 8 and prior are no longer supported.
Those of you who use MATLAB might be interested in trying out the new readsb function to read in SeaBASS files. More information and the download link are available in its wiki page.
The linear regression model has been changed from Ols(Y/X) to reduced major axis.
Any satellite vs. in situ plots made between 2-25-2013 and 2-29-2013, depending on the time of the day, may have the data switched, IE: the linear regression plot should have been mirrored along x=y and the histogram colors and switched. I apologize for the error and inconvenience, but the plots are now fixed and proper.
More information about AERONET data is now available and the search and results pages using it have now been given links to associated pages. MOBY information to follow.
In situ values are now included in satellite-satellite validation searches and their accompanying CSV files. Some neat, new graphs are generated comparing the satellites to the insitu data.
We've reorganized the site a little bit to hopefully make it more intuitive. There's also a handy how-to-use-SeaBASS article located under Data Users above.
Most notably, you can now search for multiple custom parameters in the bio-optical search. The mailing list subscription is shiny and working, so head on over to here and sign yourself up for weekly data updates.
Most (or at least some) data downloaded from the bio-optical search is now bundled with its accompanying documentation.
All Google Maps have been resized to fit only one Earth.
The bio-optical search has been modified to only include files with exact product matches instead of a substring match.
CSV files from searches now come with a small, SeaBASS-like header so our users can (hopefully) reuse SeaBASS file reading scripts/software.
It's official, ladies and gentlemen. As you can see, the beta has finished its trial and is now the official SeaBASS site. Feedback and bug reports are very welcome.
For those of you that like the old version better, it can still be accessed here.
I've changed the search page a bit, added a Most Recent Update field to validation search results, and added a page to fast track users to the validation search results.
Despite my best judgement, I've pushed out some updates on a Friday afternoon. Some bug fixes, some shiny new features, some old features made shiny.
Most importantly, VIIRS has been added to the validation search.
This beta is not 100% complete. Specifically, it's still lacking in much of the static content and lists and such. This live version is mainly to show off the shiny, new look and to give users a chance to try the new and improved searches (which aren't 100%, either).