GSFChplc2sbThis web tool converts an HPLC analysis spreadsheet to one or more SeaBASS files, for submission to the SeaBASS archive, outputting one SeaBASS file per unique cruise listed in the spreadsheet.
This web tool ONLY works on HPLC analysis spreadsheets created by Crystal Thomas at NASA GSFC.
Please read the following WARNINGS carefully:
- This web tool only works with NASA GSFC HPLC sample analysis reports run by Crystal Thomas. Please do NOT rename or reorder the worksheet tabs or data columns of your input spreadsheet or this web tool may not work.
- This web tool only reformats. It does NOT verify the quality of HPLC samples or sample analysis. Data review should happen BEFORE using this web tool. It is the responsibility of the investigator to review the quality of the analyzed HPLC data and clean up data, if needed. (We recommend making a copy of the master spreadsheet before making edits.)
- The investigator is responsible for providing the requisite metadata describing each sample collected, analyzed, and reported in the uploaded spreadsheet. There may be no empty cells or missing data in these columns: GSFC Lab sample code, PI, Cruise ID, Volume filtered (ml), Sampling Depth (meters), Year, Month, Day of Gregorian Month, GMT Time, Longitude, and Latitude. (We recommend making a copy of the master spreadsheet before making edits.)
- Please note that formatting the of the GMT Time field in the spreadsheet MUST be in the raw data contained in the cell. Do NOT use the spreadsheet's time/number formatting features (which are often auto-applied by the editting program). This field is best begun with the single-quote cell-escape character, like so: '07:05:06
- If your data is size-fractionated, please do NOT use this converter tool. It can not handle that type of data. Please see the _#umprefilt entry on the SeaBASS Standard Fields Page and apply this to the necessary HPLC analysis fields as additional columns.
- Please remove additional columns that may be present after the HPLC pigment analysis in the spreadsheet, unless these columns contain standard SeaBASS fields and corresponding data. (We recommend making a copy of the master spreadsheet before making edits.)
- The investigator is responsible for getting their SeaBASS file to pass FCHECK BEFORE submitting the converted SeaBASS file(s) to the SeaBASS archive.
- Use of this web tool does NOT constitute a submission to the SeaBASS archive. The investigator must submit their data to SeaBASS following these directions.
Upon success, you will receive a prompt to download a tar bundle containing your SeaBASS file(s). Please then run your file(s) through FCHECK, making edits if needed, before submitting your individual SeaBASS file(s) to the archive.
An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.